Skip to main content

Continuing On with Isaya

                                                       

     Spring is here! And it is time to give you an update on Isaya, the young Kenyan, who through the help of  many wonderful Christian brethren has been able to attend medical school. He starts the second semester of his first year today. (For more info, read this post.)


     To start, a letter from Isaya: "Dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, I take this precious time to write this page to inform you on how I'm doing in medical school.

     First I thank God for his continuing mercies and blessings in our Christian life. I have learned to appreciate His divine design for the universe and the human body. 

     For the time I've been in school, understanding the working system of the body, brains, growth, and repair of bones and cell and the precious fluid blood!! I have no words to speak. No human brain can combine ( I think he meant "comprehend") such a unique organisation. Job says in Job 40:4,"Behold, I am vile, how shall I answer you? I lay my hand over my mouth." The preacher says in Eccl. 6:12, "For who knows what is good for man in life all the days of his vain life which he passes like a shadow? Who can tell a man what will happen after him under the sun?" 

     A stay in the medical school only brings you closer mighty perfect design of God.  I enjoy so much to get a better understanding of the scriptures through practical observations of the beginning of life, the struggles of life through disease processes and the absolute difficult death process. Seeing how beautiful life begins during birth and what follows next are only but struggles and finally death to devout Christian translates to the necessity of Mark 16:16, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned" but to others who do not know God is proof of vanity of life leading indulgence to alcoholism and other worldly pleasures leading to their own destruction. 

     It is my desire that this course as a Clinical officer will strengthen my faith in Christ and God. I would like to use my skills and knowledge to help humanity, to help brethren as much as I can physically and spiritually. I believe this is my purpose in life. Job 40:2, "Shall one who contends with the Almighty correct Him?"  

     I say thank you so much for being besides me to accomplish all that my heart desires. May God bless you so much. May the Lord's grace be with you all. 

Your brother in Christ,
Isaya Bwile"

     Isaya and I keep in contact via Facebook. One time we even facetimed/skyped and he took me on a tour of the school. He lives off campus (it's cheaper) and he has to buy or prepare all his own food as there is no cafeteria.  

     About what he has learned: "In laboratory we had to learn on how to culture bacteria of different species on different media. So far we have covered asthma, T.B., diarrhea, HIV/AIDS, malaria, leishmaniasis, and peptic ulcer diseases. We learned their causal agents, clinical manifestation, pathological effects, treatment and management."  When he first came in contact with a human cadaver: "1st day of meeting cadaver I was shocked and tense but later on gained courage after the lecturer bisected it, touched various organs and confirm that the cadaver was treated and is free rendered from any bacterial infections."      


     His second year is fast approaching. He is in need of $2,400 (just like last year).  I hope to have the money raised by end of July, as it will be needed in August. If you wish to help him continue his journey to becoming a doctor, you can make a check out to the Sunset Church of Christ and send it to : 


David Hall

706 Lee St. 
Bowie Tx. 76230 

     Any amount is greatly appreciated. For those that gave in the past and those that have already pledged money for this year, I can not thank you enough. These days I understand more fully just how much good works depend on people like you. The work my parents did in Tanzania would never have been possible had in not been for loyal supporters that worked hard for their money and then gave back to the Lord for His work. Let us work together to save souls and change lives.  



   Update: $1,422 has been raised thus far for his second year! To God   be the glory!





Until All Have Heard,


The Rymons


P.s. For those that aren't on Facebook, we welcomed a second daughter on March 20th. Lydia Brooke weighed 8.5 pounds, and was 20 inches long. She is a content baby and a delight. Big sister Jubilee is quite smitten with her. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well folks, it's been a while since I've written and for that I apologize. I just didn't feel like I had much to say in the progress of the library ( or my life for that matter- we traveled here, we traveled there), but now I clearly have enough. :) Since GBN I have tried to contact several people in  many congregations, attempting to get either one-time funds or monthly support.  I've gotten some  no's and have yet to receive any donations. But I've been told that you have to get a certain number of "no's" before you can get any "yes's".  I just spent the last  week in Montgomery. Dad was recording a class that he's teaching at Faulkner ( he's not going to be able to be there for all the semester). Me and David tagged along, hoping to get a few things done. Todd had agreed to give me some driving lessons and Robert Waggoner had told me to stop by when I got the chance and go through some books of his to see if I w

Success!

                                                                                                   Deuteronomy 15:11- For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you "You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land" The night before the giveaway, several members helped us get everything in order. The foyer furniture was moved to make room for the racks of clothing. Tables were set up for odds and ends like belts and gloves and for the peanut butter and jelly. We had about 20 members sign up to be there the day of the giveaway; We arrived at the church building 30 minutes before starting time, cause you know, there's always last minute things that need taken care of. Two large signs that said " FREE CLOTHES" were put out by the near-by highway and "Exit" and "Enter" signs were put out in the parking lot. 9:00am came and we had people coming through the door! I don't

Bibles to New Converts in Uganda!

To all my few but faithful readers, I hope you all have had a fine Sunday! It has been a good one here at Coventry Hills. Around the time we were finishing up gathering Isaya Bwile's needed school funds, Richard Olwenyi (a old school classmate of mine from the Andrew Connally School of Preaching) asked if we might help him out in procuring funds for bibles for the new converts in his area. He preaches for a small but growing congregation.  You know me, I'm all about books and education, so I said we'd see what we could do. The Lord blessed our efforts! Enough money was raised to buy 105 bibles! I thought that number would be 107, but Richard had to use a little bit of the money in order to travel some 4 hours there and back to buy them. You know how you stress out about doing something you've never done before and you realize, "Boy, that was easy. Why in the world did I spend so much time worrying." That's what I did when it came to sending the mon